The clinical relevance of CD30
While CD30 is expressed to varying degrees in many T-cell lymphomas, all cases of systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma (sALCL) are CD30-positive with a uniform strong expression pattern.1,2 In the differential diagnosis of sALCL vs peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified (PTCL-NOS), pattern and intensity of CD30 expression can help differentiate. Read more
The NCCN Guidelines* recommend CD30 testing for the differential diagnosis of Hodgkin and certain types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL).1,3 Learn more about CD30 in the NCCN Guidelines
In several types of NHL, levels of CD30 expression correlate with overall survival (OS).4,5,6 Learn more about CD30 in NHL prognosis
In a study of over 1,500 patients with nonlymphomatous malignancies, 17 different diagnoses were associated with varying degrees of CD30 expression.7 Learn more about CD30 expression in solid tumors
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®): Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas (Version 2.2013). © 2013 National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Inc. Available at NCCN.org. Accessed September 24, 2013.
- Inghirami G, Pileri SA; and European T-Cell Lymphoma Study Group. Anaplastic large-cell lymphoma. Semin Diagn Pathol. 2011;28(3):190-201.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®): Hodgkin Lymphoma (Version 2.2013). © 2013 National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Inc. Available at NCCN.org. Accessed September 24, 2013.
- Savage KJ, Harris NL, Vose JM, et al; for International Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma Project. ALK- anaplastic large-cell lymphoma is clinically and immunophenotypically different from both ALK+ ALCL and peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified: report from the International Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma Project. Blood. 2008;111(12):5496-5504.
- Camacho FI, Bellas C, Corbacho C, et al. Improved demonstration of immunohistochemical prognostic markers for survival in follicular lymphoma cells. Mod Pathol. 2011;24(5):698-707.
- Hu S, Xu-Monette ZY, Balasubramanyam A, et al. CD30 expression defines a novel subgroup of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with favorable prognosis and distinct gene expression signature: a report from the International DLBCL Rituximab-CHOP Consortium Program study. Blood. 2013;121(14):2715-2724.
- Sharman JP, Goldschmidt JH, Burke JM, et al. CD30 expression in nonlymphomatous malignancies. Poster presented at: 48th American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting; June 1-5, 2012; Chicago, IL. Abstract 3069.
*Referenced with permission from the NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) for Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas V.2.2013 and Hodgkin Lymphoma V.2.2013. © National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Inc 2013. All rights reserved. Accessed September 24, 2013. To view the most recent and complete version of the guideline, go online to www.nccn.org. NATIONAL COMPREHENSIVE CANCER NETWORK®, NCCN®, NCCN GUIDELINES®, and all other NCCN Content are trademarks owned by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, Inc.